As part of the benefits offered to employees, Agile Lab offers the opportunity to attend one international conference per year, leveraging company money following the boundaries listed in Welfare & Benefits.
The process to attend an international conference is listed below.
Checklist and accountabilities
Once identified the conference to attend to, an employee must:
- Get the participation approved by your coach (project lead/lead link);
- Broadcast the conf opportunity on Teams in the
BigData/conferenceschannel: not travelling alone is helpful in getting more involved in conference networking, joining multiple talks in parallel and have more fun;
- Once approved and verified how many other colleagues will join in the conference trip, ask Finance/Purchasing Officer to buy the conference tickets;
- Search by your own for travelling and accommodation, according to the rules as in SpendingCompanyMoney;
- Ask Finance/Purchasing Officer to buy you the travel tickets and book for your accommodation. If not possible, do it on your own expenses (they will be reimbursed with the next payroll);
- Once the tickets are confirmed, add the details of the conference in the conference tracking excel placed under -
- Enjoy the conference. In the meantime, take at least 1 meaningful photo per day (picturing Agile Lab's people in the context of the conference and meaningful stuff) and send it to email@example.com;
- Take notes during the attended talks and produce a report of the conference containing meaningful insights that can support/improve company's technical skills, and/or open to new opportunities. The report must be published on the company's Big Data OneNote -> Conferences section, following the template that will be made available in such section. Once completed, it must be advertised/shared/linked on the
BigData/conferencesTeams channel. Given that multiple people could attend to multiple talks in the same conference, each of the participants has the accountability to produce his/her own report.
- During the pandemic, be sure that tickets are refundable in case the conference is canceled.
- If there are good number of employees attending for a conference, we can reach out to our Vendor Relationship Officer (VRO), if they can help us by contacting the conference organisers for the discounts.
That's it! Pretty simple, right? A small accountability for a big benefit. :)
Checklist for the coach
Which are the drivers that should be taken in account to evaluate conferences:
- Is the conference aligned with the individual career path, technical progression and personal goals
- Is the conference aligned with the technical strategy of the company ?
- Is the conference aligned with team goals and needs ?